The North Oakland Headwaters Land Conservancy (NOHLC) is a private, non-profit, community supported, citizen run organization with 40 years experience in preserving open space in northwest Oakland County and nearby communities. Over 1,400 acres have been preserved in six townships and two counties, with parcels ranging from 1/2 acre to over 100 acres. Our mission is to conserve the woods, fields, streams and other natural resources in the headwaters area of the Clinton, Shiawassee, Huron and Flint Rivers.
Meet our new Executive Director!
I am honored to have been asked to join the NOHLC family as its new Executive Director! I am replacing Sue Julian who has been Interim Director for the last year and a half and who will stay on as chair of the Land Acquisition Committee and co-chair of the organization’s Stewardship Committee.
With accreditation and the successful Camp Wathana campaign completed I will focus my attention on:
* Engaging people outside of north Oakland County who believe in land preservation and conservation but don’t know who we are,
* Sustaining an ongoing and growing organization that involves more volunteers, trains new property inspectors, and engages additional board and committee members,
* Land acquisition and conservation,
* Demonstrating good stewardship by spending our money wisely,
* Committing the organization to the protection and management of properties and rights entrusted to our care,
* Keeping an eye on Lansing,
* Leveraging our resources by engaging in cooperative efforts with neighboring conservancies and partner organizations to find additional opportunities to protect our region’s valuable land and water.
I look forward to meeting all of you and becoming an active part of the Land Conservancy community. You can reach me at the NOHLC office at (248) 846-6547 or via email email@example.com.
North Oakland Headwaters Land Conservancy
PO. Box 285
Clarkston, MI 48347
NOHLC office is in the Springfield Civic Center - lower level
12000 Davisburg Rd.
Davisburg, MI 48350